The Agricultural and Resource Economics (AREC) major requires mandatory advising for every current student prior to registering for each semester. View the registration page for more information and required documents to bring to your appointment. You can schedule an appointment online.
**We only offer walk-in advising at the start of every semester during the first ten days of schedule adjustment.
Expectations of Advisor and Student
As an Advisor, I expect a student in the major:
- To be respectful.
- To be on time for their appointment.
- Bring in all required documents to your appointment. Ex: degree audit and advance registration form.
- Ask questions if the information being presented is unclear.
- Follow up with information if it was requested by the advisor.
- To respond to emails from the advisor in a timely manner.
As a student, I expect my advisor:
- To provide accurate information regarding my degree requirements and policies.
- To be knowledgeable about campus and resources.
- To provide tools and resources that will assist me with being a successful student
- To disseminate information regarding deadlines, degree requirements, and any opportunities on campus.
The department communicates with student in the major through the listserv, our Facebook and Twitter page. If you are not receiving messages from the list-serve, please email Adaire Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be added. We post annoucements, important deadlines, and internship opportunities.