Faculty of the Department have held some of the most prominent positions in government responsible for agricultural and environmental policy.
- Senior Staff Economist, President's Council of Economic Advisors
Bob Chambers 1985-1986
Howard Leathers 1992-1993
Erik Lichtenberg 1993-1994
John List 2002-2003
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Science Advisory Board
Anna Alberini 2003-2009
Maureen Cropper (Affiliate) 1997-2006
John List 2001
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Development Economics Program
Jing Cai (Faculty Research Fellow, 2016-present)
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Environmental Economics Working Group
Rob Williams (Faculty Research Fellow, 2000-2008; Research Associate, 2008-present)
Maureen Cropper (Affiliate, UMCP Econ) (Research Associate, 2007-present)
John List (Faculty Research Fellow, 2003-2005; Research Associate 2005-present)
- Resources for the Future, Senior Fellows
Maureen Cropper (Affiliate, UMCP Econ)
- Service in other U.S. organizations and government agencies
Anna Alberini: Statistical Advisory Committee to the US Department of Energy, 2015 to present.
Jim Hanson: National Research Council Committee, Twenty-First Century Systems Agriculture, 2010
Doug Lipton: Cooperatives in Aquaculture, Northeast Regional Aquaculture Center, 2010
Lori Lynch: Economic Research Service, USDA, 1989-1991; Maryland Biomass Harvesting and Market Analysis Steering Committee, 2009-2010; BAYSTAT Program Scientific Advisory Panel, 2008-2016
Rob Williams: National Academies Panel, Effects of Provisions in the Internal Revenue Code on Greenhouse Gas Emissions, 2011-2013.